Tuesday 19 August 2014

My Crochet Library Collection

Hello,

I have been crocheting for over 40 years over this time I have collected hundred of patterns and books mainly on crocheting but also other crafts such as knitting and much more.

This is one of my book shelves at the moment...


A close up of a few books in my collection.


I thought I would review a crochet book from time to time on my blog.  

This week, I am reviewing 'The Crochet Stitch Bible" by Betty Barnden which I have had since 2004. This book is still available on Amazon for around £10.  The book is divided up into stitch types such as textured, mesh and trims.  Each stitch has a photo plus a word description and a graph which is good because you can easily see how the stitch should be worked. The book is colourful and has very clear pictures which helps you learn new stitches.  


I like this book because the stitches are in English terminology but if you can read the charts you can use this book if you are more familiar with US terminology.

The only thing I don't like about this book is it is spiral bound which could wear out with a lot of use over time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment