Beautiful Sunshine when I woke this morning, although it seems windy. I am not too good with weather reporting, I just look out of the window, no fancy gadgets to help. Not like the weather channels, although they don't always get it right do they?
Today I have added a Flower for May.
Not to be confused with The Mayflower which was the ship that sailed with the Pilgrims from Plymouth to the New World in 1620. Ha Ha!!
If you want to download the PDF from Ravelry click HERE.
Approx. 16metres of double knitting yarn I have used cotton but any DK will work
Approx 3 inches (7.5cms)
1. Ch. 2, work 12 dc. into 2nd ch. from hook, ss. into front loop of 1st dc.
2. Working in front loop for this round only work 1ch., 1dc. in same place as slip stitch, *work 5tr. in next dc. 1dc. in next dc., repeat from * ending with 5tr., ss. into 1st dc. ( 6 petals )
3. Working behind petals for this round and in back loops of stitches left on round 2, work 1ch. 1dc. in the same place as ss. *3ch. miss 1dc., work 1dc. in next dc. repeat all round ending 3ch. ss. into 1st dc. ( 6 loops )
4. Ss into 1st loop work 1ch., (1dc. 1htr. 5tr. 1htr. 1dc.) in each loop. ss. into 1st dc.
5. 1ch. 1dc. in dc. on round 3 and working behind row 4 petals work *4ch. 1dc. in next dc. at the other side of petal on 3rd round repeat from * ending with 4ch. ss. in 1st. dc.
6. Work (1dc., 7tr., and 1dc.) in each loop all round ss. into 1st dc. Fasten off.
If you want to make the flower bigger don't fasten off continue to repeat rounds 5 and 6 increasing the number of chain stitches 5ch on round 7 and 9 trebles on round 8.
Fasten off and darn in the ends..
I am starting to forget which patterns have been free flowers so forgive me please if I have added this one before.
I need to go to post a parcel so will finish now.
Have a happy day,