Tuesday 5 July 2016

July Flower Pattern and another book review and Beads

Good morning,


Today I would like to show you two more books from my collection, the first one is called All you can knit and crochet for the home.

It was a Golden Hands Special, back in the day when you only paid 50p for a book, it contains 50 patterns as well.

Published by Marshall Cavendish in 1972, with many of the leading wool suppliers of those days included.
J and P Coats, Emu, Hayfield, Jaeger, Lee Target, Mahoney and Wendy to name a few, I feel a little sad that many of the companies no longer exist, gobbled up by the bigger ones I expect.

This is a book of just patterns you have no instructions of how to knit or crochet, I think that they just presumed then, that everyone could knit and crochet.

It also included a handy chart of the tensions, with stitches and hook or needle sizes for using the different yarns.


 

Unfortunately I have been unable to find one for sale online.

The second book is Stitches, Patterns and Projects for Crochet, by Wanda Bonando, published by MacDonald and Co.

This lady was very prolific in writing books, she had many Embroidery, Crochet, Knitting and Needlecraft books published.

This is one of the books I go to for stitch inspiration and ideas when I need a push to design something new.

Again this one was published in the 1970s, 1978 just a bit later than the other book.

It is full of stitches, motifs, medallions, fine crochet patterns, clothes, ponchos, and blankets.

It really is a well filled little book.

Sometimes you do see this one for sale in second hand shops.







Today is the first Tuesday of the month are you ready for another flower pattern
Click the free pattern link for

Free pattern for July Flower


Good luck with this one it is a little more difficult than normal.

I would love to see your pictures and share them on Pinterest, if you don't mind me using them please send to ali.crafts@ntlworld.com

Thank you


Today I am going to prepare for a workshop I am going to do on Saturday for Cleveland Lace Guild,
this one is going to be Beadweaving, I need to find all the patterns because I have not used them for some time.

 Preparations underway.....   it is a good job I have lots of floor space on the landing....





I hope you all have a lovely week,

Alison xxx



















No comments:

Post a Comment